Pulsar occasionally commissions small projects from academics, typically Ph.D and postdoctoral students. Projects tend to last for 1 month and typically no more than 3 months.
These projects are a fun way to apply your skills to a wide variety of interesting topics. They are intentionally focussed on the more blue-sky end of your research interests and place a high value on bold concepts backed up by methodical analysis.
Previously we have commissioned work including:
- Electric propulsion concepts and the materials science challenges they raise.
- Literature reviews of nuclear propulsion concepts.
What we’re looking for
If you’d like to suggest a project title then get in touch, we’re particularly keen to hear suggestions in these areas:
- Numerical analysis of Hall effect Thruster plumes.
- Direct drive fusion concepts, analysis and criticism.
- Any work on the overlap of fusion research and electric propulsion concepts.
Projects might result in a written project, numerical work might be more suited to an iPython notebook, CAD drawings or even video